Name of the organization
Division for Gender Equality at the Ministry of Health and Social Affairs
Type of organization
Activities implemented to fight gender-based violence (in english)
The overarching goal of the gender equality policy is that women and men are to have the same power to shape society and their own lives.
Starting from this objective, the Government is working towards six sub-goals:
– Gender equal division of power and influence. Women and men are to have the same rights and opportunities to be active citizens and to shape the conditions for decision-making.
– Economic gender equality. Women and men must have the same opportunities and conditions as regards paid work which give economic independence throughout life.
– Gender equal education. Women and men, girls and boys must have the same opportunities and conditions with regard to education, study options and personal development.
– Equal equal distribution of unpaid housework and provision of care. Women and men must have the same responsibility for housework and have the opportunity to give and receive care on equal terms.
– Gender equal health. Women and men, girls and boys must have the same conditions for a good health and be offered care on equal terms.
– Men’s violence against women must stop. Women and men, girls and boys, must have the same right and access to physical integrity.
Mode of intervention
Area of action
Gender based violence, violence, women, men, advocacy, communication, information, help, assistance, ngo, association, Reception, Legal Advice, Legal Assistance, Psychological Counseling, Self-Help Groups, Trauma Processing Interventions